Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 47

Happy Mother's Day!!!

The weather lately has been pretty gloomy with only a few sunny moments. We have gotten a lot of rain the past week. On the bright side it cleared away most of the yellow dust that I mentioned last week. The weather seems to reflect our missionary work lately. Lots of appointment cancellations and people just not showing up, but we've been able to get a lot of other work done.

Exchanges with Sister Canete were a blast. We were in the MTC together for 3 weeks before I came to Korea. I literally thought she hated me, but she is so loving now. We had a good time talking about being a consecrated missionary. I learned a lot of good things from her :)

These next coming week are going to be pretty busy. We are preparing for a baptism this Saturday and another one next Saturday. This Saturday 이남행 자매님 (Sister NamHeng Lee) is getting baptized. I can't remember if I've mentioned her, but she is so prepared. I absolutely love teaching her and being able to feel her sweet spirit. She is always so open to everything and wants to know how she can follow to her Father in Heaven.

This morning we were also blessed to be able to Skype with our parents. It was fun to talk with them and catch up on things. It is weird to think that I haven't seen any of them in person for almost a year. Time is going by crazy fast! It was also fun to watch Sister Earnshaw do it for her first time. Her family was so happy :)

The weeks have started to blur together and time doesn't feel real. I am so grateful to be here in Korea serving my Father in Heaven. I have received so many blessings in life and have found so much happiness through the gospel. I love this gospel more than anything and am so blessed to be able to share it with those that I teach. They are all so different in every way, but the gospel brings everyone together. This week in Relief Society during the lesson the teacher had us pass around a ball of yarn and say something that we had a testimony in. At the end we looked at the string and saw how our testimonies of the gospel linked us together. It was a really powerful moment for me. Even though I have so many cultural differences and not to mention the language barrier with the Korea people I feel a weird connection to them. Each day I feel the Lord's love for them more and more. Well I hope you have a great week! Love ya!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

The instructions to a handheld fan we got from a member (make sure you read all of it!
Face masks with the housemates
 Chocolate covered potato chips (they taste better then they sound)

Mother's Day Skype :)
Mother's Day Skype 
Our adventures last week #haircuts

No comments:

Post a Comment