1. No = New opportunity. Elder Choi of the area presidency talked to us a lot about discouragement and how becoming discouraged weakens our faith. When we go out on the street to talk with people and get rejected we need to see that as a new opportunity.
2. We are not just physical beings in a temporal world. We were sent here to experience things on a spiritual level not just physically. Sister Holland talked about how we are spiritual beings in a spiritual world. Everything in this world is to help us grow spiritually and in order to do that we must look through spiritual eyes.
3. We must live "after the manner of happiness". Although we don't live in a perfect world with a perfect life we can still be happy. As long as we live after the manner of happiness as spoken of in the scriptures we will find happiness. We must be doing the things that the Lord commands us to and seek His guidance.
4. From time to time we must try to understand what it means to extend the hand of Christ to those that are drowning. Elder Holland spoke to us about our purpose as missionaries and he blatantly told us that we have no idea what our purpose is. None of us will ever really understand our purpose here on earth. We have an impact on so many things and so many people that we never even realize.
5. You can't argue with evidence. The Book of Mormon is the evidence that the things that we teach as missionaries are of God. This gospel is true and Jesus is the Christ. If there is ever a question about something turn to the evidence, especially when it comes to spiritual matters.
I can't put everything that I learned, but there are just a few. Elder Holland is a ROCKSTAR!
Another awesome part of meeting Elder Holland was being reunited with everyone from the MTC (except Sister Hilliar who is doing awesome things in New York). We got to see everyone that is serving in the Seoul Mission and talk for a little while. They are all amazing missionaries and have grown so much over the past couple months. I love them so much!
We are still missing a few missionaries who came a little later.
I was also blessed to go on exchanges with 김수진 자매님. We served in her area for the exchanges and were able to teach a few lessons together. She is an awesome greenie and so cute. Speaking in Korean for the entire time was a little brain killing, but it was a blast. I didn't really realize how much effort it took until we exchanged back and I could speak in English again. I love living in the same house as her, especially because I can learn really random Korean phrases from her :)
|Sister Rindlisbacher and 김수진 자매님|
Since we don't have anyone to teach right now we have been focusing a lot on 전도 (proselyting). It is one of the biggest parts of missionary work that I struggle with because it requires me to talk to total strangers. For the past couple transfers Sister Carnahan and I have been trying to figure out how we could be better and I think we finally found a solution. 전도 Bingo! We've been playing the past couple days as we've been out and about and wow the miracles keep coming. We have talked with so many people and were able to help them see a little bit of the Kingdom of God.
|My motivation to 전도 is Christ. Through Him I am able to open my mouth ;D|
Last p-day was really funny and also really awkward. We invited to hang out with some other missionaries, but when we showed up it was only elders and about half the mission. Our Elders didn't realize that we would actually come so they didn't invite any sisters. We awkwardly walked in and then walked out a few minutes later. We just stayed at home for the rest of the day and watched a movie while we cleaned around the house.
I am so grateful for all the experience of this past week. It has been very spiritually uplifting and draining. We've definitely felt the effects of it over the past couple day. I am so grateful for this gospel. Have a wonderful week. Don't forget to live after the manner of happiness. I love you all!