Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Week 60

Wow has this week flown by! It literally feels like yesterday that I was emailing and now it is Monday again... I don't know where the time is going.

This past week we did an SYL week as a district. The rules were that we spoke Korean 24/7 and would send a nightly percentage of how much Korean we spoke in the day. Sister Cuary and I started out strong, but by the end of the week I kind of died. We also went on two exchanges so I kind of gave up and just spoke in English... whoops.

Speaking of exchanges they were AMAZING! I went with two of my favorite sister in the mission. Sister Eversole and Sister Davis. They are both so amazing! I love them to death. With Sister Eversole it was so fun to catch up and see how much she has grown. I met her when she was still being trained back when I served in 노랑진 (Norangjin) She has become such a wonderful missionary! Sister Davis is also just a ray of sunshine. She has so many incredible talents and I learned so much from her! Especially about how our trials allow us to feel Heavenly Father and the Saviors love for us and others. Both exchanges were a blast and it gave me so much strength to continue improving and working hard.

We also had a 전도 활통 (proselyting activity) in our area with the Incheon zone. It was really fun and we found some really good potential. I went with Sister Woo who is from Hong Kong. She is a funny girl that has no shame. It was great to work with her and see her confidence in talking with everyone! We all got dinner afterwards at a place near by. It was great to be with everyone.

This week only one investigator could meet with us. Originally we were going to meet with a member, but that member cancelled 5 minutes before our appointment. Since the investigator we were meeting is a child we couldn't go into their house so we decided to just all come outside so that we could still teach them, but be in public. They are a crazy bunch of kids that have no focus. Luckily I brought some gummy bears and we were able to get them to listen to us enough to teach about fasting. It was a real struggle! But they are adorable and came to church again this week. Their mom brought all three kids to church and they stayed for all 3 hours. I'm not sure where their dad was though.

The magic gummy bears
We also spent a lot of time outside on the streets talking with people as we went to visit less-active members. We were able to meet with a bunch of them and help them to feel Heavenly Father's love for them. Every time I meet with a less-active member is strengthens my testimony of how much I need this gospel to be a part of my everyday life. I don't know how I could overcome anything or improve in anyway without the knowledge that I have of my Savior and Heavenly Father's plan for me.

Last week we had a water fight with a group of missionaries in another zone and we will be heading there again to play more water sports. The weather is super hot and sticky lately so playing the water is so refreshing. 

We have met with a few member and have more appointments for this upcoming week. Lately I've felt that I haven't connect as well with the members, investigators, and other people in this area that I have in the past, but I'm hoping that it is just going to take time and work. We are starting to see miracles and we continue to work hard through the heat. Everyone has been telling us that it will start to cool down soon so I hope that is true. 

I've definitely learned a lot this week! I have learned so much about the love that the Lord has for each of us. Something that really impressed me this week was a quote that was shared in district meeting. It goes something like this "You will only achieve all of your goals if they are wimpy" Lately I have been trying to set harder goals to accomplish and it really has made me work harder. Although I am no where near achieving my goals I have definitely improved. Another quote was "the real overall indicator is loving one another". Both of these were by President who was the mission president before President Turner. I hope that you are also setting goals that will allow you to work harder, improve, and move towards the person that Heavenly Father wants you to be. I love you! Have a great week!

-Sister Rindi

Cute Japanese snacks that a less active gave us
Exchanges with Sister Eversole. We got stuck in the middle of an intersection because we could run fast enough to make it all the way
Exchanges with Sister Davis. A women we talked to on the street told us the Book of Mormon wasn't true and that we didn't need it, but then bought us ice cream afterwards... Korean people are super random sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment