Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week 22 (Week 13 In-Field)

🎄
Can you tell I am excited for Christmas? Our house has been filled with Christmas music for the past couple weeks and I love it! Since Korea already had it's Thanksgiving we won't be celebrating the American Thanksgiving much. We did get to have a Thanksgiving dinner with the English branch members. I never thought that I would eat pumpkin pie or stuffing on my mission so yesterday made my week :D

This week has been great! I love my housemates and serving in this area. It is absolutely huge and is about 3x the size of my last area. We take lots of buses, subways, and we also walk a lot. Usually it takes about 45 minutes to get somewhere and then a little more time to actually find the place that we are trying to get to. Neither of us know this area super well so it takes a lot of following the spirit to find our members houses :)

Our investigators are doing great. We had a few lessons with them this week. We are still not sure exactly what they need at this time or how we can best teach them, but the Lord sure is guiding us. This past week was Nara's birthday so we had a little party for her. The chicken was so yummy!

Sister Rindlisbacher, Sister Shumway, Nara, and Nayoung
She really enjoyed herself haha :)

Nara drew me :) Sister Shumway also made an attempt lol. Guess which one is which.

Last p-day was spent shopping for my winter clothes. It's getting a lot colder and tights are a must everyday. Some days we can wear a light jacket, but the next day will be freezing and we put on as much clothing as possible to stay warm. Once we were done shopping we went to a little place to get lunch on our way home. As we were sitting down we noticed that the people next to us couldn't speak Korean and were having trouble ordering. They ended up asking if I was Korean (something that's happened a lot while I've been here... I don't look Korean at all -_-). I replied 'no, but that I can speak a little bit'. The waiter ended explaining the menu to me and then I explained it to them. It was awesome to be able to help someone :) Even though it was only to help them order some food haha.

My talk yesterday was good :) I learned a lot studying the question "Why does Heavenly Father want us to be thankful." I'll attach a link to the recording. My companion let me borrow her recorder so that I could have a copy of it since I didn't write it down.​


During Relief Society yesterday in the English branch the teacher shared a song that I really liked. It is called One By One and was written by Elder David A. Bednar. You should definitely look it up! I know that the Lord knows us all collectively as well as individually. I know that He loves us on a personal level and that He is always watching over us. He has a specific plan for each of us that is perfect. What ever path you are on is the right one for you. I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all!

-Sister Rindlisbacher
P.S. Here are some random pictures :)​



No comments:

Post a Comment