Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 25 (Week 16 In-Field)

TRANSFERS have come! I cannot believe how fast time has gone! It seems like just last week I was coming to 인천 and now I will be leaving :( Since there are so many sister missionaries leaving this transfer our President had to close some areas. Unfortunately my area was one of those. Now the second ward sisters will be taking care of both 인천 wards. Their area will be HUGE! I thought my area alone was big, but now they probably have the biggest area in the mission. One of our Elders said it is about 1/5 of the mission... They are going to be so busy for the next transfer! I wish Sister Ambrose and Sister Sannar the best of luck! They are going to do awesome things in this area.

This past week has gone by so fast just like this transfer. I cannot believe that it is already over. I am so sad to be saying goodbye to Sister Shumway. She has been such a blessing in my life for the past six weeks. Our room is an absolute mess as we both pack and get everything ready for the other sisters to take over. Sister Shumway will be heading back to the States this Friday and I will be moving to 노랑진 on Wednesday to be with Sister Carnahan. I will also be learning how to be an STL... How crazy is that!!! I am still in shock that I have been called to be an STL so early. I will also be covering two zones, so I will be over 3 sets of sisters. I am so nervous, but also really excited for my new adventure.

Christmas came a little early this year and we were able to go to the temple again! It had been so long since we last got to go and it was amazing to be in the Lord's house again for a few hours. We also got to have the special experience of doing baptisms for the dead. That was done in Korean and then the endowment session that we went to was also in Korean. Originally we were suppose to go to the English session, but things got switched last minute. It was so neat to have a headphone for English translation in one ear and also being able to hear the Korean at the same time. Afterwards we had p-day. For p-day last week we went ice skating as a zone. The 안양 zone also joined us. It was so much fun to be around so many missionaries for our p-day. 

My housemates :)
Sister Shumway and Sister Rindlisbacher

The 인천 zone sisters
This past weekend was also spent battling a pretty nasty cold. Both Sister Shumway and I woke up Friday morning with a super bad cold. We were suppose to be going on exchanges that day, but had to cancel. After our zone training we went home and went straight to bed for the rest of the night. Saturday we didn't get to rest much so we are still both sick, but things seem to be turning up. We both just sound really funny when we talk. 

Super sick Sister Shumway and Sister Rindlisbacher
Yesterday Sister Shumway gave her last talk and sang in sacrament. It was absolutely beautiful and I may or may not have cried a little bit. She is such a talented singer. The song that she sang was 'My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee'. I know that that this gospel is true. It is perfect and I know that it is our Savior Jesus Christ's gospel. I am so grateful that I get to share it while I am here in Korea. I hope that you are all having a wonderful week. Good luck to all those that are taking finals soon. I love you all!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment