Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Week 26 (Week 17 In-Field)

What a week! I have officially moved and unpacked into my new home in 노량진 :) It was an adventure getting here. I almost lost my luggage, but everything turned out great. This past week has been so crazy with appointments, preparing for our Christmas party, unpacking, and figuring out what I'll be doing as an STL.

A Rudolph piñata for our Christmas party this Saturday.
I am living in a 4 man house again, but this time with Sister Carnahan (my companion), Sister Eversole, and Sister Song. They are all such wonderful sisters and I am so excited to be working with them this next transfer. 

Left to Right: Sister Song, Sister Rindlisbacher, and Sister Eversole
This week I got to meet almost all of my new investigators within the first day that I got to my new area. It was such a blessing to be able to introduce myself before teaching them. We were also blessed to have two member present lessons this past week! They were such amazing lessons and the members were such a huge help! The members were amazing at explaining the things that we couldn't and sharing their personal testimonies. Having those lessons really strengthened my testimony of member missionary work! Go out and help the missionaries share the gospel! ;)

Korea has gotten a lot colder the past week. As you can tell in the picture above I am freezing. My attire usually consists of two pairs of tights, two pairs of socks, gloves, a beanie, and a nice warm jacket... Even then I still get cold >.<  It takes so much longer in the morning to get out of the door because we have to bundle up so much. Apparently January and February get way colder so I'm just trying to prepare for that haha.

Last night we had dinner with a member and one of their daughters knew some people that I grew up with. She studied at BYU Hawaii and was in the same ward with them. The world is such a small place when you're from Hawaii and are LDS >.< It was really cool to talk with her about Hawaii and people from home for a bit. Their family is so amazing and we spent the whole time talking about their missions/missionary life. We shared Mattew 5:14 with them and challenged them to invite someone to Christmas Sunday.

I officially hit my 6 month mark a few days ago. It is crazy how time flies when you're doing the Lord's work! I wish I could share everything that I have learned over the past months, but that would take forever and I have to go. But here is a quote that I found during my personal study this morning. 

"No matter how busy or inadequate we may feel, the Lord will always enable us to do the things that matter most, if we trust in Him and follow His promptings." 

I know that this gospel is true and that the work that is done by missionaries is truly the Lord's work. I know that the Lord is watching and taking care of each of us individually. He has a specific plan for each of us and He will guide us as we follow Him. I have such a strong testimony of that. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season. Make sure that you are sharing the light of the gospel with everyone this year! Have a wonderful week! Also good luck to anyone with finals and Happy Birthday to the best dad in the world a.k.a my dad! I love you!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

P.S. One last picture :)

One of the last pictures of the 인천 sisters before transfers. I'm going to miss living with these Sisters :(

No comments:

Post a Comment