Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Week 50

What a week! The biggest news is probably transfers! I am blessed to stay here in Suji for another transfer :D I am so excited to be able to stay here! I absolutely love this area and the ward. I have seen so many miracles and felt so much love. Sister Earnshaw will be leaving though. She is being transferred to 분당 (Bundang) which is just the area right next to ours so we will still be in the same zone and will see each other a lot :) My new companion will be Sister Hansen from Idaho. I met her a few transfers ago when she was being trained. I am excited to work and learn with her.

The next most exciting thing this week was interviews with President and Sister Turner. I am so grateful that we get to spend so much time with them each week. It was a treat to sit down and get to talk with them one-on-one. Sister Turner also makes the most delicious mint cookies that we got to eat :) We went over a lot of the safety procedures that our mission is taking due to recent events and concerns in the world. There has been a little bit of worry among some missionaries, but I'm doing good. I know that the Lord is protecting His children and that everything will be okay. Sister Turner was also such a comfort. I absolutely love her to death!

Another cool adventure was putting together a new desk chair. The one that I had been using for the past 2 transfers doesn't really have a back that stays up. It's a struggle sometimes in the morning because I lean back and am almost parallel with the floor, which doesn't help when I am tired in the morning and trying to study my scriptures. But the office elders finally ordered me a new chair and it was delivered to our house :) It took a bit of work to get it all together. I had to put it together and take it apart a few times because I got lazy and didn't want to read the Korean instructions. My new chair is great though :)

My latest building adventure
This week we were also able to find two new investigators. One was a referral from another set of missionaries that live close to us. We will be starting the English 30/30 program with her. She doesn't have much gospel interest as of yet, but I'm excited to see where she will progress. The other is a 16 year-old girl that is a referral from one of our members. Lately she has had some health challenges that have prevented her from learning in school so she is being home schooled for now. Her mom really wants her to learn English so we will also start the 30/30 program with her. She has some gospel interest that we are excited to work with her. She is awesome!

We have a few new people that we also have appointments with this week. Hopefully they will be ready to learn about the gospel. We also have a ward picnic that we are super stoked to go to tomorrow :D Korea people really know how to party and by that I mean eat yummy food. I have probably gained so much weight this past week as we ate with members hehe but that's okay. I love them! 

The past week was filled mostly with member appointments or having to randomly teach people that walked into the church. Our members are so amazing! I love them so much! Most of the random people that walked into the church haven't replied to any of our attempts to contact them again, but it had been a lot of good teaching practice. I have learned a lot this week about being able to rely on the spirit. When people randomly show up and we have to teach them it takes a lot of faith and listening to the spirit to be able to 1. understand them and 2. understand their needs. I have been so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost lately. It had helped me so much this past week!

May 31st = Baskin Robins night
The sisters of our zone after a combined proselyting activity

No comments:

Post a Comment