Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week 52

The time just keeps flying by. Another week has come and gone. This week was very similar to last week with our investigators all cancelling their appointments or just not showing up. We have been turning our focus to finding new investigators, but haven't had much success yet. We will keep working though!

A highlight of this week was visiting with a member a few days ago. We had received some watermelon in a Tupperware a few Sundays ago so we decided to drop by and return them. We knocked, but no one answered at first. Then the door opened and there was the sweetest looking grandma ever. She invited us in and we talked with her for a few minutes. Then she made us eat more watermelon.... SO MUCH WATERMELON! 

I was okay with it at first, but then I remember that my companion Sister Hansen is actually allergic to watermelon so I had to eat all of hers too. Luckily the cute grandma we were meeting with couldn't really see so she didn't notice me eating out of Sister Hansen's bowl once I finished my own. Unfortunately she refilled both of our bowls one we ate everything so we started another round of me eating all the watermelon. Good thing for me we hadn't eaten lunch yet so I was able to down it all. 

The member that we were meeting with was the sweetest thing. At one point she bit the watermelon on her fork and it fell off onto the table a few inches in front of her. We had to contain our laughter as we watched her search the table with her had looking for the piece of watermelon as she mumbled "where did it go?" over and over. We about peed our pants trying not to laugh. She was so cute!

This week was also filled with language struggle. Korean and English ㅠㅠ I have noticed my ability to speak any language has severely declined. I now speak in broken Korean and English. A lot of the time I will say something and Sister Hansen just looks at me like I am crazy. Everything is always out of order.... Also I can no longer spell. English class Saturday was particularly embarrassing. I tried to spell the word 'yield' but ended up spelling it 'y-e-i-l-d' without noticing. One of the Korean Elders had to point out my mistake. I now just give up and say I don't speak English or Korean :(

But things are going great here in Suji. We only have one solid investigator right now named Subin. She is so great! We asked her the other day if she wanted to get baptized and she said yes!!! She wasn't ready for a set date yet so we'll try and give her one this week. She is so open to the gospel and so innocent. I love teaching her! 

We were also able to set up the recent convert lessons for SoYoon. She is the 13 year-old that got baptized last month. She hasn't been able to come to church since she has been baptized due to camping trips with her family, but we saw her on Friday and got everything set up. I love her so much. Since we weren't teaching the Kid's English class that day she decided to call us and complain that we weren't there. We dropped by at the end to say hi and she was so excited. 

This coming week we will have zone conference on the top of a mountain. We will be hiking with Present and Sister Turner up 남한산성. So to prepare we went hiking last p-day. It was great to get outside and work up a sweat. 







Also I cut my hair last night. Sister Hansen was brave enough and cut off about 4 inches. The weather is getting pretty got lately so I decided it had to go. It is really nice and cool now, but still so insanely hot! Just walking to the church makes you sweat and it only takes 5 minutes. I will just melt away in the next few months.

Face masks

Us trying to make them dry before it turned 10:30 #missionarystuggles
Korea is amazing and I am loving every minute of being here. I have learned a lot about the importance of the depth of our conversion and trusting in the Lord. I know that He is watching over us and knows exactly what we need. Most of the time things don't turn out the way that I want them to, but they are always the way they need to be. I love this gospel so much! I am so grateful for the comfort and peace that it give me. This week try and share that with someone. Love ya! Have a good week :)

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment