Saturday, October 7, 2017

Week 67

​Well... September has come and gone already. I honestly have no idea how time can pass by so quickly. It feels like just yesterday I was called to be a trainer again and now Sister Hill has already been in Korea for over a month! 

Last p-day was super fun! We had a zone p-day and ate lunch together before we played games and watched a movie. I was pretty stressed before the p-day started because I got put in charge of making sure lunch got there and was paid for. Ordering chicken for 20 hungry missionaries stressed me out so much I had dreams about it the night before ㅎㅎ It all turned out okay :D I really love being a missionary!
Lunch for zone p-day #chickenfordayyyyys
Don't mind the sweaty Chinese elder taking the picture ㅎㅎ
The typical game of BANG
We also had a zone 전도 activity here in our area. That was also stressful, but I made the other missionaries in my ward plan it muahaha! It turned out really good and we got a good amount of phone numbers. Unfortunately since the holiday in Korea they are all busy until next week sometime. One women that I talked to was so amazing! She really wondered how we could know God and how that would help her family. I was able to get her number and talk with her on the phone. She lives up in the Seoul mission so we're going to refer her after the holiday.

We attended a meeting about our new English program that will be standardizing how missionaries teach English in South Korea. It seems like a really awesome program that will focus on helping people ages 15-25 learn English skills that will prepare them for interviews and other things. We are trying to figure out how to make a smooth transition from the programs so prayers are very needed.

I was blessed to be with the amazing Sister Eversole this week for exchanges. It is always such a party being with her! We have way to much fun, which is probably why we were never companions, but got to live together twice. We had a lovely time meeting with a potential investigator Crystal who is from Mongolia. We were able to set up the English program and will start meeting with her after the holiday.
Exchanges
Right now we are just preparing for 추석 (Korean Thanksgiving) Everyone in Korea commits a mass exodus to the country side so all us missionaries in Seoul have no one to talk to for a week. We are making some paper 한복 (Korean traditional dress) for each family in our ward. We started last night and are almost finished :) Both Sister Hill and I got super tired of folding paper that we almost gave up haha
Making the paper 한복
Paper 한복
We had some appointments set up with investigators, but they all cancelled. That was a real bummer, but we kind of saw it coming because everyone just leaves from the holiday. We're just trying to keep our heads up and find things to fill our time. Last week we did a lot of street contacting so we have some really good potential investigators that want to meet next week! Pray for them :)

Our ward is super amazing and let us borrow 한복 to wear to our zone conference. They brought 4 or 5 different ones to church so that we could pick. They are all so beautiful and we are so excited to wear them tomorrow! They also played dress up and we were the dolls. At first we were just making sure they fit, but then they told us we had to wear them for church. We spend 3 hours in them... Not the most comfortable thing I might add. Lots of people kept staring at us during sacrament or commenting on them in their testimonies. It turned out to be a really fun fast Sunday.
The real 한복
I wanted to share something that I read this week that I really loved. It was an experience that President Gordon B. Hinckley had. He is speaking about an experience he had as he was conducting open house for a newly renovated temple.

"It was my privilege to speak to them and to answer their questions at the conclusion of their tours. I told them that we would be pleased to answer any queries they might have. Many were asked. Among these was one which came from a Protestant minister."

"Said he: 'I've been all through this building, this temple which carries on its face the name of Jesus Christ, but nowhere have I seen any representation of the cross, the symbol of Christianity. I have noted your buildings elsewhere and likewise find an absence of the cross. Why is this when you say you believe in Jesus Christ?'

"I responded: 'I do not wish to give offence to any of my Christian brethren who use the cross on the steeples of their cathedrals and at the altars of their chapels, who wear it on their vestments, and imprint it on their books and other literature. But for us, the cross is the symbol of the dying Christ, while our message is a declaration of the living Christ.'

"He then asked: "If you do not use the cross, what is the symbol of your religion?'

"I replied that the lives of our people must become the only meaningful expression of our faith and, in fact, therefore, the symbol of our worship...

"... No sign, no work of art, no representation of form is adequate to express the glory of the wonder of the Living Christ. He told us what that symbol should be when he said 'If ye love me, keep my commandments."

I know that the way that we live and choose to worship our Father in Heaven is the true symbol of our faith. I am so grateful that for the past year I have been able to show people everyday how much I love my Savior Jesus Christ and Father in Heaven. I am so grateful to be a missionary! I hope that you all have a lovely week! Love you! Don't forget to show people your faith~

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment