Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Week 66

What a wonderful week!!! I love being a missionary!!!

Last p-day was a blast. We went to 여의도 island and rode tandem bikes. That was an experience! It felt more like balancing than riding a bike, but it was great! Pictures to come :) I also accomplished my dream of climbing on the "I Seoul U". Every time I've gone in the past I was wearing a dress so climbing was a no go, but this time I went prepared. I was so pumped to climb it and then once I started I realized I had no idea how to get to the top. I took some time, but I finally did it. Sister Hill got some pretty funny candids of me trying to work my way up.

Me when I realized I didn't know how to get up onto the 'O' ㅋㅋㅋ
Tandem bikes :D
This past week was also SYL (speak your language ) week for our zone. It has been really silent in our house for the past few days. At first we were really good, but Sister Hill got a bit discouraged and kind of just stopped talking. It takes a lot of patience to try and communicate everything through Korean, but we made it out alive. I notices after we stopped my English was super bad. I couldn't form a proper sentence haha That made my weekly calls to the sisters fun >.<

Interviews were last Tuesday and let me tell you I am so grateful for President Turner. It is always a pleasure to talk with him one on one. Lately a lot of things have been weighing on my mind, but the short 20 minutes that I had with him seemed to make them all disappear.  I was able to gain a lot of comfort from his words. He is truly called of God to serve as my mission president!

I was blessed to go on exchanges with Sister Legaspie again. This time we aren't both greenies ㅎㅎ She is such an amazing and dedicated missionary. Lately she has had some health problems, but that never stops her from giving 100% all the time with the brightest smile on her face. It was so awesome to serve with her. We had some good laughs about our greenie days and that exchange when we literally had no idea what we were doing. We were able to visit a less-active sister that Sister Legaspie grew up with in the Philippines. They got to catch up and I got to try some Filipino food called "caldereta".  It was delicious!

We had some good lessons with two of our investigators and we were able to pick up another woman to do the English program. Last week she punked us and didn't show up to our appointment, but this time we were able to meet. She is super cute and I think she has a lot of potential to open up to the gospel. Her name is Jeoung SeoungMi, please pray for her!

Sunday was the best day out of the week. We had a member present lesson during church and our investigator HaNeul opened up a lot about the curiosities that she has about religion. It was an amazing lesson. One of our less actives also came to church. He is the man that Sister Cuary and I found last transfer. The day that we first met him I felt Heavenly Father's love so strongly. I knew that Heavenly Father was reaching out to him through us. He had a great time at church.

I've been reading in Teaching of the Prophets from Gordon B. Hinckley lately and wanted to share something that I found. Chapter 3 is GOLD if you ever get a chance to read it! It talks about keeping a positive and optimistic mind through the storms that come with life. He said "The gospel is a thing of joy. It provides us with a reason for gladness". I know that our faith can shine through all sorrows or darkness. That through the Gospel of Jesus Christ any storm can be weathered and we can find happiness. Life is never easy, but life is wonderful! 

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." - Joshua 1:9 

Heavenly Father had commanded that we move forward with faith and happiness. He has given us every tool that we need to make it through this life successfully. I have felt so much of his divine help throughout the past year as a missionary. Life is crazy hard, but it is the biggest blessing. 

Love you guys! Have a great week!

-Sister Rindlisbacher
Still trying to climb the sign ㅋㅋㅋ
I did it!!!
Trying to figure our how to get down
Sister Legaspie


No comments:

Post a Comment