Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 9 (Week 1 in Korea)

I made it to KOREA! Let me just say the plane ride WAS SO LONG... but that might have been because I was pretty sick. I got sick just before leaving the MTC and the 12 hour flight to Korea did not help at all. I didn't sleep much and had a fever :( When we got to Korea we learned very quickly that IT IS SO HOT... ALL THE TIME! Everyone says that the weather is suppose to cool off this week so we'll see. 

​Sister Sannar and I sat next to each other the entire way to Korea

This past week has been a whirlwind! Korea is crazy and so different from what I thought it would be like. The traffic is insane and not a day has gone by that I haven't seen someone almost die by bus. On the first day after we got picked up from the airport we headed to the mission home via subway and proselyted the whole way. It was so scary and really hard to understand everyone. Everyone here speaks so fast and not many people wanted to listen to us. After making it to the mission home we had dinner and went to bed. The next day we had lots of training and an interview with the president. Since I was still really sick they sent me back to bed so I missed all the training >.< BUT good thing I have a trainer... *drum roll* Meet Sister Blom :) She is going to be my trainer for the next 12 weeks and she'll be heading home after that. 

Sister Blom from Long Island, New York

We have a few investigators that we are teaching right now, along with the English class that we teach 3 times a week. It surprised me how much English everyone knows here. Usually when people find out that I've only been here for a week they speak to me in English instead of Korean.

Yesterday was my first Sunday here in Korea. Three hours of church and I understood none of it. We also had a baptism after church. The little boy who was baptized was actually suppose to be baptized a few months ago, but was to afraid of the water that he climbed out of the font. This time around the Bishop just dunked him right after he ended the prayer because the boy started to fight it and almost got out of the font again. He ended up getting a lot of water up his nose and was not happy when he came out of the water. His mom was so sweet about everything and everyone had some snacks afterwards. The food is amazing here!!! I haven't had anything yet that I didn't like, but there are still so many things that I have to try. 

​The Seoul night scene

I hope everyone is doing well. I love and miss you all so much!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment