Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 27 Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful Christmas it has been this year! Sister Carnahan spent a lot of time trying to make it the best Christmas ever :) and it was great. She wrapped up four pairs of her pajamas so that each of us could open up a present on Christmas Eve and have new pajamas to sleep in. We also sang Christmas hymns and read Christmas stories.


My favorite Christmas present this year was the onesie from my family ^^

Big news... ELDER HOLLAND IS COMING TO KOREA! At our Zone Conference this past week we were given our Christmas present, hearing the news that another apostle of the Lord will be visiting us! I AM SO EXCITED!!! Two of my favorite apostles come to visit in my favorite country :D Life is great here in Korea hehe. This time we will be going to the Seoul Mission on February 24th of next year! We were among the first missionaries to find out so we had to promise our mission president that we wouldn't say anything until he had the chance to tell everyone. 

Also this next month (January) we will also be having a world wide missionary training conference. Since there is such a big time difference from Utah to Korea our mission president will be recording it and then we will watch it the next day. I'm excited to hear what training they have for us and the changes that they will be making. President Turner said that our daily schedule will be changing soon, but probably not until next transfer.

I forgot to bring my journal today so I'll have to let you guys know what I learned at zone conference next week. It was such a special experience being together as a mission family with President and Sister Turner. It was filled with lots of laughter and good music.

솔남 Zone Conference at the mission home
​​노량진 missionaries 
​Skyping with the family this morning :) Love you guys!
Missionary work is going great here in ​​노량진. We have had a lot of success and just keep seeing the miracles. One big miracle that we saw this morning was finding a new investigator. As I was skyping my family this morning we got a call from a random number and ended up getting a new investigator! We've had lots of awesome member present lessons and other lessons. Our four investigators are doing well. We are planning to give two baptismal dates this next coming week and hopefully a third in the next few weeks. Unfortunately we may have to drop the fourth because she never keeps our commitments to act on the things that we teach here. She is such a sweet woman and her daughter is adorable, but we may have to use out time doing other things.

The ward is also so loving here! We had a Christmas party this past Saturday and it was a blast. We did a play as missionaries about the 3 wisemen... that was a struggle to do in Korean haha, but everyone seemed to enjoy it. They also had karaoke and other games. At the end we did piñatas that the missionaries made. The funniest part was when they drop kicked the Santa piñata.... it had fallen off the rope so they couldn't wack it with the stick anymore. Korean people are a blast to party with haha.

I love being a missionary and being able to feel so much love for Heavenly Father's children here in Korea. There are so many amazing people here! Everyday is an adventure and I love it. I know that this gospel is perfect and true. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives! I know it with every fiber of my being! He lives and He loves us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was through Joseph Smith that we are blessed with such a wonderful book. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to share the joy of the gospel with the people of Korea. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years! 

-Sister Rindlisbacher


Here are the goofballs in my zone... they started singing 'How Firm A Foundation' >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment