Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 31

Sister Rindlisbacher and Sister Carnahan
This week was filled with lots of adventures. Last p-day we decided to go golfing.... I am horrible at golf >.< but it was a really fun. We went to a screened golf place that Sister Carnahan and I walk by all the time when we go to our investigator's house. Needless to say we all need some lessons.  

It is also freezing... all the time. It has been snowing lately and the wind chills you to the bones. Lots of layers and trying to moving quickly through the snow. It is a bit scary because there are sometimes random patches of ice. We sort of waddle around now >.<

The pictures below are from our 2 1/2 hour walk that we took while trying to find a member's house. It was freezing, but we had a pretty great time. 

Sister Rindlisbacher

We weren't able to meet with many of our investigators this week because we couldn't get in contact with them, but we kept ourselves busy. We went on our last exchange for the transfer with Sister Risenmay and 김주은 자ㅏ매님. They are both wonderful missionaries and such great examples to me. We also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Turner, our mission President's wife. We had dinner with a member and it was a party. It was a fun game of charades because of the language barrier. They did a really good job of communicating though with only a little bit of translating from Sister Carnahan and I.

We had interviews with President Tuner and talked a lot about our goals for this coming year. We will also be having a special missionary conference this Saturday. We'll be watching the world wide missionary broadcast. Since this week is also New Years in Korea (설날) our p-day was moved to Friday. Hopefully we will be able to meet with our investigators before they leave for the holiday.

I hope that you are all doing well. I know that this gospel is true. Although the past couple of weeks have been struggle I wouldn't trade them for anything. These past weeks I have learned a lot about how I can be improving and how perfect this gospel really is. It applies perfectly to every person in every situation. I know that is it true. I am so grateful that I get to share it with the people of Korea. I hope that you will share it with someone else this week. I love you all!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

P.S. Look up 'Be Strong and of Good Courage' by Elder Yoon Hwan Choi  Aug. 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment