Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Week 35

T-minus 4 days until Elder Holland comes! We are all so excited!

This week nothing to special happened. One of the highlights though was being able to spend so much time with the young women of our ward. On Tuesday we all went out and ate 설빙 (solbing) together. It is probably one of my favorite things here in Korea :) Afterwards we went to a place nearby and got hot dogs. Here is Korea they roll half of it in sugar and then put sauces on the other side. We had our young women do the sauces and dang that hot dog was good. We'll probably stop by if we ever have time.


On Saturday we had a combined young men & young women activity. We did a "mini MTC". I started by sharing 3 Nephi 5:13 and bearing my testimony. The next section was English. Their faces were hilarious when we started to teach and only speak to them in English. Their faces were probably very similar to all foreign speaking missionaries on their first day in the MTC. Next we had them do a few role plays of introducing the Book of Mormon. The first one was done in English and wow that was so funny. They all frantically tried to memorize the example paragraph that we gave then. Next was a role play in Korea. They were a little rough around the edges, but did a great job. To end we had a testimony meeting. All the youth got up and bore their testimonies. During their testimonies I could really feel the spirit. It bore witness to me of how important it is to learn the gospel and strengthen our testimonies. I don't know where I would be without this gospel. Is your testimony as strong as it could be right now? 

We also had zone conference this week and it was so wonderful. We learned a lot about repentance and how it really can change our lives. Due to the lack of time we weren't able to share everything that we prepared, but it was great. Translating during our training is still a huge struggle. It's definitely something that I need to work on a lot. Afterwards I went on exchanges with 이하연 자매님. We came to my area and taught our investigator. Right now it looks like she only has interest in learning English. It's really frustrating, but we can only do our part to share the gospel and allow others to use their agency to accept the blessings.

Afterwards by miracle we were also able to find a member's house. I had forgotten to take a picture of the map before we left home and had absolutely no clue where we were or how to get to her house. Sister Lee suggested that we say a prayer so we walked off to the side. After we prayed I was able to figure out where we were and exactly how to get to our members house. It was a miracle! I had only been there a couple times before and both times were at night when it was really dark. Without that prayer I know that I wouldn't have found it.

Although we aren't finding much success I know that there is a reason and something to be learned. I am so grateful to share this wonderful gospel with the people of Korea. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I know that this gospel is true. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Love you!

-Sister Rindlisbacher


Can you find Sister Turner among the sister missionaries?

No comments:

Post a Comment