Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 42

What a busy week! It was filled with zone conference, a special meeting with Mark Peterson (a professor from BYU), and General Conference.

Last p-day we played dress up at the Suwon Fortress with President and Sister Turner.


Sister Turner and President Turner
We had a wonderful zone conference at the mission home. Our APs did a hilarious role play about proselyting. I'll share a few of my favorite things:

- zoom out and show the big picture while also explaining the little things

- simplicity brings the spirit

- "Nothing comes easy, if you want something bad enough you have to get up, get going, and go after it"

- "If YOU want something you never had, YOU must be willing to do something YOU have never done." 

We were also blessed to have a special meeting with Mark Peterson. I was able to take a Korean culture class from him before I came on my mission. It was a two hour throw back to sitting in his class. It was so interesting to listen to the things he had to say about the religious culture of Korea. It really made me miss learning in a classroom setting. He is so incredibly smart and knows so much about Korea. 

General Conference was also amazing. As our wards watched it in the chapel together all of the missionaries were able to watch it together in English. We had a great time. Every talk was so inspired. I loved that they focused so much on the Plan of Salvation. I know that the Plan of Salvation is Heavenly Father's plan and through it we can find any answer we are looking for. I am so grateful for the eternal truths I know about my purpose here on earth!

Next p-day we have a mission activity and we'll be running a 5K together :D My last companion Sister Carnahan really enjoys running so she asked President Turner if we could do one before she left so we'll be doing it next week. The mission cannot be together all at once so half will do it next week and the other half the week after. I am in no shape to run a 5K, but it's going to be so much fun! I'll make sure to send some pictures from it later.

This past week was pretty stressful, but it was a good learning experience. I've been feeling like a one army lately as I train. During my personal study one day I was reading in Alma 58. It talks about the sons of the people of Ammon and their struggle to maintain their liberty against the Lamanites. It goes to talk about how they asked for more men to strengthen their armies, but didn't receive them. Instead of complaining this was their response:

"But, behold, it mattereth not - we trust God will deliver us, notwithstanding the weakness of our armies, yea, and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies."

They had the faith to know that Heavenly Father would deliver them. That He would provide exactly what they needed, exactly when they needed it. I know that this is true for all of us. I know that Heavenly Father may not give us the "armies" that we desire, but that He WILL deliver us from our trials. I am so grateful to know that I have a Father in Heaven who is watching over me. I love you all. Have a great week!

- Sister Rindlisbacher

Quotes:
"Get on the same freaking bus" - Sister Earnshaw
"Let's have a concession fession.... If you understand German root words it sounds like a food party" - Elder Partridge



No comments:

Post a Comment