Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 43

"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.
But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.
No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come."
-Joseph Worthlin

Happy Easter everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating Christ. I definitely felt His love a lot this week!

Cherry blossoms are so beautiful! Sadly they are going away already :(
Trying to organize things is alphabetical order is a little rough in Korean >.<

This past Saturday we did a mini MTC with out youth. It was super fun to do it in another ward. Although I didn't have as much fun this time (mostly because I was stressed about making sure everything got done because I was in charge of it this time) as I did in my last area it was still a success. My favorite part was making little name tags for everyone :)


This week we also had interviews with President Turner. It is always such a treat to meet with them. I got a lot of good advice on how I can be doing better individually, as a companion, and most importantly as a trainer. I absolutely love every moment that I get to spend with them. Sister Turner made some really yummy cookies that had Cayenne pepper in them. I've never thought to put that in chocolate chip cookies, but I'll definitely be trying it in the future ^^

A lot of our investigators weren't able to meet this week which was pretty discouraging, but we had two big miracles happen yesterday. 

First, our investigator Sophia told us that she had guests at her house so she wouldn't be coming to church. It was a really bit let down because we had a great meeting with her on Friday. On Sunday we were in our missionary correlation meeting and she called us randomly saying that she was coming to church! It was such a tender mercy to have her come again. 

Second, our other investigator 서윤 자매님 has a baptismal date! She is a spunky little 13 year old who comes with her friend who is a recent convert that was baptized last year. When we started the lessons she was just coming to have fun, be recently she started reading the Book of Mormon and has gained a desire to be baptized! It is such a privilege to teach her and hear her innocent and honest testimony of our Heavenly Father. 

Due to rainy weather our mission activity (the 5K) got postponed to next week. To make up for it we made a big breakfast today. We recently got bacon from a member so we decided to make an American breakfast. We made pancakes and syrup from scratch along with bacon, eggs, grapes, and oranges. Plus orange juice on the side. It was a lovely breakfast :D

I hope that you are all doing well. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives. Over the past weeks we've struggled a lot opening a new area, but I have never felt my Saviors love more. I know that because He lives I can do it. He is there for us in all things as long as we are willing to reach out to Him. I know that He is the Son of God and that through Him we can live with our Heavenly Father again. I love this gospel so much and am so grateful that I can share it with those I meet on the street. I love you!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

Quotes:
"Stop... we don't have time to worry about dumpster logistics!" -Elder Curtis

Our breakfast this morning :) and p-day last week.








No comments:

Post a Comment