Saturday, July 22, 2017

Week 56

The dreaded day has come when I have been transferred out of my promised land, Suji. Last Saturday we got transfer calls and I will be going across the mission to the opposite end to serve in 청라 (Chongra) with Sister Cuary. I will be joining her as Sister Training Leader :) I am excited to be an STL again, but also so torn because I don't want to leave Suji.

I have seen so many miracles and this ward will forever hold a special place in my heart. On Sunday at church a lot of members cried with me as I said goodbye. 서윤 자매님 (Sooyoon) our recent convert who is 13 cried almost all of sacrament meeting after I went up to speak. She is such a beautiful soul and I will miss her so much!  I can't believe that it has already been 3 transfers since I was called to open this area. My heart breaks a little when I think about leaving everyone here. I have felt so much of Heavenly Father's love as I have served here. From day one the members were by our side helping us with missionary work. They are all so amazing. I am so grateful that I got to meet all of them and feel Heavenly Father's love for them.

I have especially learned about how Heavenly Father has a plan for each of his children. 이남행 자매님 (Lee NamHaeng) has been the greatest example of that. I don't know if I shared her story with you guys, but she is our recent convert that was baptized a few months ago. She originally found the church through the example of her mother-in-law. She was a very faithful member that did missionary work through her example. When she first got married she didn't have any interest in the church, but went to the Korea Seoul Temple open house with her mother-in-law. Throughout the years she has just lived her life, but one day met the missionaries on the street. They got her contact information, but didn't meet with her or have any contact for a few months. Then she randomly met the missionaries again on the street and started meeting with them. A month or so later she was baptized and she had continued to progress so much over the past week. She is so amazing!

Suji has been a rough area for the past transfer, but we are starting to see success. This week our investigators couldn't meet due to being sick or going on family trips because it is vacation time here in Korea. BUT we were able to find a new investigator. Her name is 김성혜 자매님 (Kim SongHye). She is in her late fifties and met missionaries almost 5 years ago. I don't think they taught her much, but she really liked them. Over the course of her life she has felt the desire to build a relationship with God, but never found what she was looking for. She was in Canada for a bit and went to a bible study group and learned a little bit. She was very accepting of the Book of Mormon and seemed excited to read it. She was also very open to learning about the message that we share. I am excited to see where she will progress in the future. I am sad that I won't get to teach her though.

I have loved serving with Sister Hansen. We are both super bummed that we can't be together for another transfer, but I guess it's her turn to see the miracles of Suji. Other than transfer calls this week has been the same old same old. It is crazy hot here in Korea. We come home everyday drenched in sweat and immediately turn on the AC and fans. We are melting over here, but the work is still great.

I hope that you are all doing well! Love ya!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

Our District
It's been pretty gloomy and rainy lately
I'm melting
Just a few of the people I'll miss :(




No comments:

Post a Comment