Thursday, September 14, 2017

Week 64

Hello! Another week here in the wonderful country of Korea :D

Things are going good. The work is slowly moving forward and Sister Hill and I are having a blast serving here together. This past week we made the journey to 안양 (Anyang) for MLC. It takes about 2 hours by train, but that includes 3 transfers to different subway lines. It is always so exhausting having to travel all day. We went down for MLC and had to come right back to our area for English class, grabbing dinner on the way in one of the subway stations. 

English class is great as always. I love all the students that I teach. They just crack me up. I teach basic class with Elder Cleto and they say the funniest things! Most the time we are just laughing together at something someone said. One of the students from another class came up to me and asked how many people were in our class (we only have 4) because it always sounded like we were having so much fun. We do get pretty loud because there is one man who is 72 years-old and really hard at hearing. Most of the time I am half yelling at him so he can understand what is going on. Another member of the class always yells at him in Korean because she get frustrated that he asks questions about things we had just finished explaining. It is hilarious!

This week we were blessed to meet with one of our investigators. We met with the family that the father is less-active. It has been about a month since we met with them last. We had a good lesson about missionary work and service. It was a little rough to focus them, but we had a great time. They committed to coming to church, but didn't end up going. We were supper bummed out yesterday.

We were also able to find some good potential investigators this week as we went sticker boarding with our elders. We decided to try somewhere new and went to a different part of our area. There weren't as many people as some of the other places we normally do it at, but it was nice to find people that had never seen missionaries before. Last night we were able to set up an appointment with one PI for Saturday and we are super pumped!

Last p-day was killer... literally. We hiked up 계양상 (GyeyangSan) which is just a hill/mountain that we can see in our area. From the ground it doesn't look that big, but man we were hurting afterwards. We climbed roughly 2000 stairs to the top (Sister Hill kept count haha) and had a picnic on the top with our district. It was really sunny and hot all the way to the top, but then the weather had mercy on us and it got a little cooler. The clouds covered the sun and we enjoyed our hike back down. All of our legs were a little shaky going down >.< We got smoothies together and then went on our way. I introduced Sister Hill to DAISO (the best store in all of Korea!) and we had dinner before going out to be missionaries :)
Us at the beginning (I was already dying)
Lunch time
Our fearless district leader
Made it to the top
The view from the top
Next week is going to be super busy and will probably fly by. We have zone conference, exchanges, lots of member appointments, and hopefully some appointments with our investigators. Please pray for me! I have to give training by myself tomorrow at zone conference D:

Another highlight was that Brother 나광수 (a less-active that we have been working with) went to church. Granted he went to a different ward and everything, but none the less HE WENT! I was only slightly bitter when I heard from my past companion Sister Cuary that he went to a ward in their building. Hopefully in the future he will come to our ward in 청라 (Cheongra).

Before I go I wanted to share one scripture that I found during my prep for zone conference. This time around we are talking about sanctification.

 "And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things." - Doctrine & Covenants 88:67

I've been thinking a lot about the reason that we have to sanctify ourselves. One thing that I though of is as we sanctify ourselves we are able to show people the Light of Christ that is in us. Through that light others can receive the confirmation of the truths that we are teaching as missionaries.  I know that the heavens will open and we will see miracles are we sanctify ourselves through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Love you guys!

-Sister Rindlisbacher
Our less-actives keep sending us inspirational quotes :)
Sister Eversole ㅋㅋ man I love her



No comments:

Post a Comment