Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Week 65

Wow... I can't believe that we are already half way through September. The weather had been throwing me off lately because it has gotten cold. Everyday it starts at about 65 degrees and then warms up to the mid 80s. The nights are even colder so the other day Sister Hill was talking in her sleep and asked for another blanket. I responded that they are in the bottom draw of the dresser and that she could get it. That actually woke up her up and she was super confused so she just went back to sleep. I eventually got up and got the blanket for her. She was even more confused in the morning when she found another blanket on her.

Last week I started my adventure as a gardener. Lately I have be re-doing Personal Progress to give me a little extra direction during my studies and free time so I decided for my Faith project that I was going to build a garden. It has been a bit challenging trying to do everything while also still handle all the normal responsibilities as a missionary, but I have found so much inspiration as I've been doing Personal Progress. We spent last p-day getting supplies and trying to figure out how to put everything together. Needless to say I learned some really good gardening vocabulary including the verb 'to make moist'. Honestly, I didn't have the faith that those little seeds would grow. They were just so tiny and I have never planted a garden before. It has been so thrilling to watch them pop out of the dirt and grow. I now have faith that if you plant a seed IT WILL GROW!
Planting my garden

We've got growth people!!!  #faith
We also had zone conference. It is always a pleasure to be with President and Sister Turner. They are my favorite! I also was able to make it through my training :D I don't know if anyone else felt as inspired as I did while I was preparing. I wanted to share just a few things that I learned. First, a scripture of course :) Doctrine and Covenants 88: 67 & 68

67 And if your eye be single to my gloryyour whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there  shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will  come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and  in his own way, and according to his own will.
 
I know that the light we gain from sanctifying ourselves will help us to shine through any darkness the world throws at us. That light we gain little by little is just preparing us for the light we will receive in the Celestial Kingdom when we return to live with our Father in Heaven. 

Another thing is something that a sister who is going home soon said in her last talk. She talked about how she came on a mission thinking that she was going to be sharing the love OF God, but has come to realize as she is sharing that she is also sharing her love FOR God. It really touched my heart because it is so true. For the past year or so I have been sharing my love For God and for this gospel. I have been so extremely blessed to see a glimpse of heaven everyday as I serve here in Korea.

We were also able to do some role plays with the APs and President Turner. It was pretty daunting for Sister Hill, but she did great. It also helped her see that she really can speak Korean and is able to be a missionary all on her own. Afterwards we headed to dinner and then to a 전도 활동 (proselyting activity) that was with another zone. We played 'Are you better than a 외국인?' (Are you better than a foreigner?) It was great to have some fun with people. We did different activities like arm wrestling, tic-tac-toe, juggling a soccer ball, using chopsticks to move grains of rice from one bowl to the next, etc. President and Sister Turner were also able to join us. It was a blast.




I also finished my two week exchange and was back with Sister Cuary for the night hehe jk, we just went on our normal exchange. It was so weird to be back with her. It felt like she never left. It was fun to work with her again here. We were able to do some practice lessons with members and man were they confused because she was back. One member didn't even realize that she had left and thought everything was normal haha.

Sister Hill and I also made the adventure to get her 외국인 card. We got to the place a little early so that we could grab lunch. We ended up meeting a woman named Peppy. She teaches English and we were able to get her number. Although she wanted us to stop by for some tea we had to refuse so that we could get back to our area. I hope that she'll meet the missionaries again someday.

Our investigators and potential investigator appointments all fell through this week. It has been rough, but we're smiling our ways through it. Luckily we had some good practice lessons with members. They really saved our week!

Sunday was lovely. I had to give a last minute talk in sacrament meeting so Saturday night was spent trying to figure out how to speak in Korea. They also didn't give me a topic to speak on so I just kind of winged it and spoke about Hope. Lately it is the only thing that gets me through the days. The hope that Heavenly Father has something planned for us in the area. The work has been really slow, but it has allowed me to really reflect on how blessed I have been throughout my mission. Being a missionary always has it's challenges, but it is the best! I absolutely love serving the Lord here in Korea! I hope that you all have a great week. Love ya!

In case anyone is curious what a last minute talk in Korean looks like


-Sister Rindlisbacher

The first time I 배달ed (home delivery) by myself... I always made someone else with better Korean do it, but now it's up to me >.<
Yummy foods
A past investigator from another area stalked me on Facebook the other day and sent me this picture ㅋㅋㅋ



No comments:

Post a Comment