Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week 72


We got smart phones! So of course I had to take a selfieㅋㅋㅋ We have a Samsung J5, which is pretty sweet. Although is can only do as much as our flip phone did for now. I think they'll slowly expose the missionaries back into the world of technology. The camera is pretty nice though :)
The old and new
The seasons are changing and holy dang is it cold here! This week just flew by. I can't even remember half of the things that we did, but here is what I do remember.
The leaves are changing!
My favorite quotes from English class this week:
- The response after I asked a Korean language question "Ask the 세종 대왕..." (the person who created the Korean language)
- "I'm a hot woman."
- "I like your face."

Since we teach the basic class we have a lot of fun correcting their English ㅋㅋ

Exchanges with my old companion Sister Cuary. We were able to serve in her area together (a ward I served in during my third transfer) and visit an English branch member for dinner. I got to go back to the place with THE BEST BURGERS IN KOREA! It was fun :) We also got there a little early and were able to see the Olympic torch run by! It was fun to watch all the people run after it trying to get pictures.
The Olympic torch
One funny story that I do have happened while we were at a service activity on exchanges. We were handing out food to old people at a soup kitchen type of place when they asked us to use scissors to cut peoples meat. Sister Cuary and I were running around (very safely) with scissors trying to calm all the old people down enough to cut their meat so that they could start eating. As I was going around one grandma came up to me and tried to forcibly take my scissors away so that she could cut her meat first. This lady was tiny, but grabbed the blade edge of the scissors so as we wrestled over these scissors I was just praying she wouldn't get cut. We went back in forth of her yelling "give me the scissors" and me relying "no" for about a minute or two before she gave up and just dragged me by the wrist to come and cut her and all her grandma friend's meat. Korea grandmas get real pushy sometimes >.< but they're really cute about it.

GaYoung (our Vietnamese investigator) dropped us this week :( super sad about that! She is just to busy with school and studying to take a Korean language test to meet with us. Our meeting with her this week was really weird and then she texted us the next morning saying she couldn't meet. Hopefully she will stay in contact with missionaries and learn more later!

We also had a zone proselyting activity. We teamed up with another zone so about 40 missionaries total and went to conquer the Inchon Bus Terminal. We set up 3 sticker boards and had half the missionaries roaming around to talk with people. It was really fun, but also freezing! The wind just cuts straight to the bone!

 Zone activity
Yesterday was stake conference so we headed to Buchon. It was fun to see members from two other wards that I served in. I also got to hear someone I taught bear her testimony. My trainer and I had started teaching her right before I got transferred out of the area. She was baptized a little while later. Her name is Hong SuBin and she is the most adorable 13 year old you will ever meet. She bore a strong testimony of the power that the gospel has and how she wants to go on a mission now! Amazing!

I love being a missionary! Hope you all have a great week :)

-Sister Rindlisbacher
Temple last week
Exchanges
Sister Hill ㅋㅋㅋ
Sister Hill againㅋㅋㅋ

No comments:

Post a Comment