Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Week 73

Guess what! I had to leave my mission to the hospital this week >.<

(Me going 배도 and leaving the mission)
But don't worry I wasn't the one that was sick ;)  I actually went on exchanges with another sister and she had to go. She is such an amazing missionary and so dedicated to the work. I love her so much! We had a great time :)

This past Saturday was 빼빼로 (Bbaebbaero day) Every year on September 11th Koreans eat lots of chocolate dipped biscuit/cookie stick thingys. They are absolutely delicious and you better believe that Sister Hill and I consumed a good amount of them haha >.<

None of our investigators are progressing :/ which is a bummer so we are putting our focus back on finding new investigators. Lots of phone calls and street proselyting to come this week!

We also started having Sister Hill do the phone calls when we call potential investigators. She started the conversation and would go as far as she could before she needed my help. She was totally freaked out and stumbled over her words a lot, but she was able to get an appointment with someone for tonight all on her own! She is awesome!

This week was also zone conference. So that meant giving another training on my own. Let me tell you it is a lot less stressful doing it the second time around :) The whole zone conference was amazing! I also had to give another "last words" talk. This time I shared Isiah 43:1-3, which has become on of my favorite scriptures. I had the opportunity to talk about effective studying. Here are just a few things that I learned:

1. The things that we learn from the scriptures everyday not only affect us, but also everyone that we associate with in our everyday lives. This doesn't just apply to missionaries! Everyday when we study from the scriptures we are just a little more edified, just a little more spiritually fed, and just a little more prepared to help those around us. Don't forget to do your own personal study everyday!

2. Learning and growing through personal study is a "fundamental principle of enduring to the end" -Elder DeLaBruer It is all part of Heavenly Father's plan for us to find answer on our own as we learn to study effectively.

3. It takes faith and also patience to learn what the Lord would have you learn. Lot of times our answers don't come right away. It may take a few minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even years. BUT answers will always come. We just need to be persistent in finding them and also have patience.

I really liked one quote that I found by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. He said, "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven, for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."

I know that Heavenly Father has a divine plan for each of us! I am so grateful for my own knowledge of His plan and the opportunity that I have to share it with the wonderful people of Korea. The past year and a half has been nothing less than amazing. There has always been hard times, but also so much joy! 

Have a great week!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

Sister Legaspie and Sister Rindlisbacher at the hospital

빼빼로

 Face mask with the comp :) "Face mask level sloth..."-Sister Hill

Phone calls (she's praying that they don't pick up so she doesn't have to speak to them in Korean hahahaha)
She' only a little freaked out

She really likes the floor

No shave November ㅋㅋㅋ

Fun fact... you can buy seaweed at the post office here #Korea


No comments:

Post a Comment