Friday, November 24, 2017

Week 74

Well... The time has come for me to say goodbye to this wonderful country and the people that I have grown to love. This week I'll be flying home >.< I can't believe that the time has passed by so quickly. I really wish I could rewind to being a greenie so that I could stay here for another year and a half serving as the Lord's missionary, but I guess the Lord needs me somewhere else. I've been trying to convince my mission president to let me stay, but he hasn't gotten onto the "let Sister Rindlisbacher be a missionary forever train" so I guess I'll have to get on that plane. 

I don't think I could ever express what the past year and a half has meant to me. There are no words... No words that could explain the love that I feel for the Korean people and more importantly for my Savior Jesus Christ. Last August I was thrown into this new world and it took some adjusting, but I don't ever want to leave! I can't imagine being anywhere better than Korea. It breaks my heart to have to say goodbye to so many people that I love so dearly. I am so grateful for the love that they have shown me. I have never met a more kind, caring, and considerate group of people. They have made my time in Korea the most amazing adventure!

I have learned so much and grown in so many different ways. I can't explain it, but the time that I have spent in Korea has changed me. Changed to be a little more patient, a little more loving, and a little more confidant. Changed to be a little closer to the person Heavenly Father wants me to be. I'm not perfect and I still have so many ways that I need to grow and improve, but Heavenly Father has shown me the path that I need to follow. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be a set apart servant of the Lord for this short amount of time.

The biggest thing that I have learned is to have faith. President Gordon B. Hinckley taught: "With faith, accept the challenge; plead with the Lord for help; then go to work... Faith, the dynamic, powerful, marvelous element by which, as Paul declared, the very worlds were framed. The kind of faith that moves us to get to on our knees and plead with the Lord for guidance, and then, having a measure of divine confidence, get on our feet and go to work to help bring the desired results to pass. Such faith is an asset beyond compare. Such faith is, when all is said and done, our only genuine and lasting hope."  

I have learned to accept challenges even though I think that they are to big for me. To rely on the Lord in all things and just keep moving forward. To have a smile on my face when things are hard. To love a people that I can't understand sometimes. To love companions who are complete opposites of me and somehow make things work. To love the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

KNOW that the things that I have taught are true. I KNOW that this gospel was restored through a latter-day prophet Joseph Smith. I KNOW that through this gospel we can receive eternal happiness and be with our families forever. I KNOW that my Savior Jesus Christ performed His Atonement specifically for me and also for you. I KNOW that Heavenly Father is my Father in Heaven. I KNOW that He has a perfect and divine plan for me. I KNOW that as I follow Him I will find the right path. I KNOW that all of these things are true!!

If you are ever considering going on a mission DO IT! I promise that it will be the best decision you ever make in your life. I sounds clique, but it's true. Being a set apart servant of the Lord is a special experience that I will never regret. 

I hope that you have a wonderful week. See you guys on Thursday :)

For the last time....

-Sister Rindlisbacher

Death picture
My last English class party

The YSA of Cheongra ward

 Every minute of the past 18 months
Korea scenery


No comments:

Post a Comment