Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Week 3

Another week has come and gone :) This past week has been a lot harder than the first two. I have been struggling a lot, but the Lord is amazing and always picks me up. He truly knows us individually and knows what experiences will help us grow the most. I have been changed in so many ways the past few weeks and continue to grow each day. This past Sunday was our last with the senior district and the Korean missionaries. 

Sister Yang, Sister Rindlisbacher, Sister Choi
They left to be amazing missionaries in Korea on Monday. I'm really going to miss them, but two of the three from the senior district are going to Seoul South so I'm sure I will see them around. Our branch is going to be doubling in size today as we receive new missionaries. We are getting around 35 new missionaries today and by the end of my stay here at the MTC our branch will be around 112. It is going to be a big change as more missionaries come in. 

The entire Korean District
Also this past week I was also called to be a Sister Training Leader! I'm really nervous, but so grateful for this calling. I start all responsibilities tonight as we give the new missionaries an MTC orientation. Hopefully I'll set a good example and help all the sisters progress while I fulfill my calling.

Fourth of July celebrations
This picture is super blurry, but it's the only one that I have of everyone. On Monday we got to stay up late (something I regretted in the morning) to celebrate the Fourth of July. We all stood in the parking lot and watched the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. There wasn't much to see because of the giant building blocking everything, but it was fun to spend time with everyone and not have to worry about studying. 

Everyday is a new adventure as we continue to teach our investigators and learn Korean. I absolutely love speaking Korean everyday and feeling the power of our Heavenly Father. Devotionals are amazing as always and continue to be my favorite times of the week.One thought that was shared last night by my Branch President was that "we set the parameters of what our success will be." We decide how successful we will be by our attitude. Have faith that the Lord will help you accomplish everything. I know that my Savior lives and loves each of us. Hope everyone is doing well. Love and miss you all!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment