Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 12 (Week 4 in Korea)

Another week has come and gone... Today actually isn't my p-day but because of 주석 (Korean Thanksgiving) and our mission tour we will be having p-day on Thursday. I'll be sure to update you on how awesome mission tour was. Elder Whiting is coming and we will get to learn from him on Friday, I am so excited ^^ 

This last p-day was spent being really lazy. Both Sister Blom and I were pretty tired so after emailing we had lunch and then just chilled at the church. She played the piano while I read a couple talks/BYU speeches. Speaking of which you all need to read "Waiting on the Lord" by Lynn Clark Callister. I really enjoyed it this past week. After which we went home and had dinner and heart attacked a member that had helped us the previous week. Then we went on a really long walk and talked with people along the way.

In terms of investigators this past week was a pretty rough. We had to drop our one investigator because we reached the end of the English Program :( We are going to miss her a lot, especially her little girl!

Our other investigators cancelled last minute also. We did find two new potentials, hopefully our meeting with them this week will go well. Pray hard for us :)

We also had zone training this past week. The skits that they came up with were hilarious! I really like my entire zone. This was the first time that I actually got to meet half of them haha.

My memory card got messed up somehow and won't let me get pictures off it -_- so for the time being I won't be able to send any pictures until I get a new one. I had a few that I really wanted to send this week. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out before next week.

One thing that I can share is something that I learned in zone training this past week. Among all the other training we studied the talk "What Lack I Yet" by Elder Larry R. Lawrence. One quote that I really like was:
"If spiritual growth is not a priority in our lives, if we are not on a course of steady improvement, we will miss out on the important experiences that God wants to give us."

I know that this is true. I have seen it in the vast difference of being on a mission vs. pre-misison life. Yes we may be improving and growing spiritually, but there is so much more that we could accomplish if we make that our focus. As a missionary we are constantly focusing on that because honestly being a missionary is so incredibly hard... all the time, but the growth that you see and love that you feel is like none other. 

Heavenly Father can give us so much more when we make it a priority. Why not make is our top priority to come closer to our Father in Heaven and learn about the gospel? I promise as you make this a priority your life will change! Heavenly Father will open so many paths and will guide you back to Him. I promise! I know that He loves each of you because I can feel His love every single day that I am here in Korea. This gospel is absolutely amazing and I love it with every fiber of my being. I know that it is true! I know that Christ lives and that He atoned for our sins! I know that Heavenly Father watches over us and will show us the way if we ask. I challenge you all to make this more of a priority this week. Ask Heavenly Father where He wants you to go and make it a priority to follow whatever answer you get. I know that it will take you somewhere spectacular.

Love and miss you all!

-Sister Rindlisbacher


"Waiting on the Lord" by Lynn Clark Callister

"What Lack I Yet" by Elder Larry R. Lawrence

1 comment:

  1. Mikela, Grandpa & I really enjoy reading your blog. We keep you in our prayers and on the Prayer Roll. We Love YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete