Sunday, September 18, 2016

Week 13 (Week 5 in Korea)

Woohoo one month in Korea!

Mission tour was amazing! President Whiting was an amazing speaker and it was just what I needed this past week! He talked for a bit and then allowed us to ask questions and get answers from him. Our schedule has been a bit off because of everything that has been going on, but we're getting back into the groove of things. 

Some of my favorite things that he talked about were:

1. Enjoy don't just endure. He talked to us a lot about enjoying our missions not just "enduring" them. This really hit home for me because I've been struggling a lot with the language and being a greenie. I really love being a missionary, but I know I have definitely endured some things rather than enjoying them.

2. Rather than a mission being the 'best two years of our lives' a mission becomes 'the best two years FOR our lives'. A mission becomes a reference point that we can base everything off of. Whether it is moving on in life like school, marriage, or kids we can always learn something new from our mission even after we have completed it.

3. There are no coincidences, have hope in the little things. He shared a lot of cool stories from his mission in Tokyo, Japan about how the Lord really does place little miracles in our path everyday. He is so in tune to this work and our everyday lives.

P-day was also an adventure. We went to a traditional Korean Village and it was SO MUCH FUN! We spent almost all day there. Lots of traditional things, but also lots of "fusion" performances that were interesting to say the least. I really wish I could show you some pictures :(

One way to describe this past week was food... lots and lots of food. We had dinner at 3 different member's houses on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We each gained a few pounds each night due to the massive amounts of food that we were force fed. Good thing I really love Korean food :)

Still no pictures for you. I figured out that my memory card has a virus so I'll be buying a new one later today and I'll send some next week hopefully.

Okay the best things always come at the end.... ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING TO KOREA!!!! President Whiting finally announced formally that Elder Bednar will be coming for a combined Seoul & Seoul South Mission conference! We heard about it early last week and everyone is so excited! I am so grateful that I get to learn from him again!

Just a quick testimony before I have to go, I know that the Savior lives! I feel Him everyday and I know that He is lifting me up because without Him I wouldn't be able to be on a mission. He is amazing and I absolutely love His gospel with all my being. I am so grateful to know of the restored truth and to be able to share it with those here in Korea. Heavenly Father loves us each individually and I know that He watches over us. I hope that you look for His love everyday and see the little miracles that He gives you.

Love and miss you all!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

2 comments:

  1. President Whiting went to Brighton High School with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. President Whiting went to Brighton High School with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete