Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 14 or (Week 6 in Korea)

Another week has flown by! Also can you believe that I've already been out for an entire transfer because I can't! I still feel like I just got here haha. I'll be staying in 개봉 with Sister Blom until she transfers on Nov. 4th. I am so grateful that I get to serve the people here for another transfer :)

This past p-day doing some retail therapy. In 부평 (Bupyong) where there is an entire underground shopping mall. You get off the subway and it's just shops for as far as the eye can see. Needless to say it was awesome and I got some really cute stuff :) After our p-day was done we went to heart attack a former investigator. We wandered around for a bit because we couldn't find her address, but once we did find it we couldn't hear attack her because her door was open and people were inside. We decided to walk around for a bit and see if we could find anyone to talk to. We ran into an old 할머니 (grandma) who was going for a walk. She was 79 and sent it was stuffy inside so she was going to sit outside for a while. We walked to a park with her and sat for about an hour. The entire time she bore her testimony of Heavenly Father and how she has seen the miracles in her life that He has given her. She was so sweet and when we walked her home she said to come by anytime :)

Tuesday was spent mostly traveling and at the mission home. We had a 6 week follow-up with our mission president and some training from the APs. They did some hilarious skits and we also got fed some yummy treats. One thing that I wanted to share was from the closing remarks of President Turner. He talked about how we are here to do the LORD's work and that needs to be reflected in everything that we do. One thing that really stood out to me was when he posed the question "If you were to be convicted of being a Latter-Day Saint would there be enough evidence to convict you?" Is there enough evidence in your life that shows you are a disciple of Christ and a member of this church? I challenge you to think about that this week. 

Story time... After we got back from the mission home we went straight to an appointment with one of our investigators. We teach half English and half gospel. This was only the second time meeting so we're still figuring our where she is and we think she has a lot of potential. We got out really late from that meeting so we had to call the APs... Yay for mission rules. We hopped on a bus to get home and about 5 minutes later the bus started making weird beeping/screeching noised... We kept going along and eventually it completely broke down... They called another bus and we got on that, but had to call President Turner... My trainer tried to make me call him since I'm a "greenie", but I wouldn't take the phone haha. President Turner was very loving and just told us to be safe and stick together. I have never felt so guilty in my entire life than when I walked into our apartment at 10:45pm. 

Wednesday I went on exchanges with Sister Robinson. She is amazing and I'm so grateful I got to learn from her for a day. I went to 화곡 and met some of the members there. I love that no matter where I go in Korea I always feel the love of the members!

Okay another story... We met a girl during out street contacting and she wanted to meet for the 30/30 program that we had. We set up an appointment and decided to meet on Saturday at Starbucks. When we got there we texted her and a Korean girl who looked completely terrified walked up to us. She looked so scared and was almost shaking. We don't know why, but she couldn't even talk to us out loud. She would just type it on her phone and show us. We felt bad so we told her that if she didn't want to talk she could leave. She looked mortified as she said sorry and practically ran out of the Starbucks... I never thought I would scare someone so much... We got 뱡수 in mourning. It wasn't as good as a the place that we normally go to, but we got to have a good laugh while eating it.

It's been a crazy week and I love it! I can't wait to see what this next week holds for us. One thing before I go is that I know the Lord will never set us up to fail. If we aren't ready for something He will wait until we are. But if He has given you something to do, have faith to move forward and do it. He will help you if you prepare yourself to be helped. I've been learning a lot this past week about how important it is to prepare yourself daily to receive His help. Heavenly Father won't just give it to you and it takes effort on our part to get things done. Work along side the Lord and I promise your life will be changed. It has changed everything about me as I've learned to do this on a mission. I know without a doubt that I have a Heavenly Father and Savior. I know that they love me and are helping me every step of the way. I know that this gospel is true with all my heart and I want to share it with everyone. The joy that comes form the gospel cannot be compared to any other happiness. Share it with someone this week!

I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

P.S. I got a new memory card for my camera, but I'm scared to plug it into the computer and have it get a virus... So for now I won't be sending pictures :/ It's lame because Korea is so awesome, but I'll show you all everything when I get back >.<



So we've been given homework to study for Elder Bednar and as I read them this past week I wanted to share them with you all. They are all amazing talks and I promise if you study them with an open heart the Lord will help you in some way. I love you all! Have a great week!

Seek Learning By Faith

Ask in Faith

Converted unto the Lord

Always Retain a Remission of Your Sins

No comments:

Post a Comment