Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 15 (Week 7 in Korea)

Wow, what a week it has been! Last p-day was another chill day. We had plans to hang out with some of the other sisters in our mission, but because of time we weren't able to. Instead we had a lazy day in the house and I took a nap haha. I've been pretty exhausted lately, but hopefully that means I'm doing something right.

Our lessons this past week were really good. We're making progress with them and have learned a lot about how we can better teach to their needs. They're making progress and we're excited to help them learn about the gospel.  We've also gotten a lot of mosquito bites -__- We realized early last week that one of our windows that has been open doesn't have a screen and another has a hole in the screen... We quickly shut all the windows and now kill every bug in sight... 

One huge miracle happened this week! A week or two ago a woman named Margie came to our English class. She was introduced to it through a friend and really liked it. She's been coming regularly and last week we invited her to church... and guess what? SHE CAME! She really enjoyed Sacrament and afterwards we taught her the Restoration. She is so prepared! She said that she felt something that she's never felt before at church and will be coming every week. She also committed to read the Book of Mormon every day and pray about it! She literally showed up out of nowhere! We love her so much and are so excited to teach her in the coming weeks!

This past Saturday we watched Women's Conference with the ward. They watched it in Korean so I didn't catch much, but Brother 고원영(a former Seventy) pulled it up in English on his phone for me to read. I absolutely loved President Uchtdorf's talk! Later that night the ward had a birthday party for some children who escaped from North Korea. It was really fun! The kids were pretty shy but super adorable.

Also, we are super stoked to watch Conference this weekend! We'll watch it with the ward and hopefully Margie will come too! We'll probably go to another room to watch it in English though :) The next weeks are going to be really busy with zone training, interviews with President. Oh, and ELDER BEDNAR coming... If you couldn't tell I'm super excited about that! I can't wait to learn from him!

I'm still not brave enough to plug my memory card into the computer so no pictures :( But hopefully this thought will make up for that: 

3 Nephi 5: 13 - "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

We are all disciples of Christ. You may not wear a tag, but that doesn't mean the Lord isn't preparing someone for you to share the Gospel with. Pray for those experiences and have the courage to act when they come up. I promise, the more you share this amazing Gospel, the more the Lord will bless your life. Even if everyone around you is a member I promise there is someone for you to share it with. Why not share the happiness that you have because of the Gospel?

I love this Gospel with all my heart and can't imagine a happy life without it. Every day the Lord shows me how incredibly blessed I am. I know that Christ lives and that He is our Savior. He knows us perfectly and will always be by our side. Rely on the Lord and you can conquer the world! I love you all so much! Have a great week!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment