Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 16 (Week 8 in Korea)

I love Korea so much!!!! Okay story time... We were walking home from the church when we had this conversation with some old man on the street:

Man: Hi

Us: .... Hi. (mind you we aren't suppose to talk to me on the street so we were caught a little off guard)

Man: You're some pretty ladies.

Sister Blom: Thanks want to learn about Jesus? *hands pamphlet*

Man: *looks at pamphlet* I will read this.

Us: Okay.... 

Man: *walks away*

This week has been another amazing one in Korea! Last p-day was spent at Lotte World in a Folk Museum. I was going to send pictures this week.... but it's not working. The folk Museum was really awesome! We got to see a lot of displays about ancient Korea. We spent almost the whole day with about 8 sister missionaries and 1 girl a companionship met on the way. The girl was from Spain, but is living in Korea and speaks English, French, Spanish, and Korean. She was really cool! After p-day was done we had a practice lesson with one of members which turned into a 식사 (eating together). 

On Tuesday we had an amazing lesson with one of our investigators. She is a student and wanted to learn English at first, but has gospel interest now. Last week we realized that she knew nothing about God... Like absolutely nothing except that He exists. This week we focused on His love for her and how she can recognize that. It was a miracle that she could understand me! The entire lesson I had to keep repeating myself because she couldn't understand me in English or Korean, but after she said the prayer she could understand me perfectly. The prayer that she said was the first one that she has ever said out loud in her entire life. It was such a simple and sweet prayer! 

Wednesday we watched Women's conference with all the sisters in 강서 zone. I absolutely loved the women's session! President Uchtdorf's talk was really inspiring! Afterwards we headed back to 개봉 for my language evaluation and had English class afterwards. I love teaching English here! All of the people in my class are so funny especially when they speak in English. After class finished we played 탁구 (ping-pong). They tried to make it so you had to say an English word before you hit the ball in the order of the alphabet, but that was to hard so they resorted to playing around the world ping-pong. It was pretty entertaining to watch.

Story time round two: Walking home from English class we got to the intersection that we cross and saw a bunch of drunk men so we decided to keep our distance... It was pretty entertaining to watch them because one of the drunk men started to climb a tree, but fell. Then his drunk friend tried to help him, but that was no use. We were laughing so hard and got a couple weird looks from other people waiting for the light to change. 

Friday we had zone training and it was amazing as always. I will never get tired of the skits that they do. We also had the opportunity to have President and Sister Turner come. They were going to come to 개봉 with us to do missionary work, but plans changed last minute and they headed back to the mission home. They were really sweet and gave us a ride to the bus stop because it was raining and I had a big box (shout out to my wonderful mom) The Elders were also really nice and carried it all the way home for me :) The bus ride home was pretty fun especially when the Beatles kept playing on the radio haha. That bus driver had good taste in music ^^

Saturday we had English class in the morning and then had lunch afterwards. Our investigators had plans so we went to their house early. The lesson was good and we talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy. We had to keep the lesson really short so that they could make their other plans. We explained General Conference and then invited them. They said they would try, but didn't commit. Afterwards we went home, had dinner, and watched the Saturday morning session of General Conference.

Sunday was a bit crazy. We started to watch the Sunday morning session at the church with some ward members when our investigator Margie showed up. We went into the clerk's office and watched it in Tagalog for her. Then we got a text from the Elders saying our other investigator came. We quickly went upstairs and found him with the other members watching in Korean. We had to go on splits with members so that each of us could be with an investigator. Needless to say I didn't understand much of conference since I watched it in Tagolag and Korean. Later that day we got to finish Sunday morning session, but then had a 식사 with the ward mission leader at his house. We had our coordination meeting afterwards.

This week has been busy and full of growth. I've learned a lot about my weaknesses and the things the Lord needs me to change. I am excited to see who I will become as the Lord changes me. Being a missionary has exposed all of my faults and at times is really uncomfortable, but I absolutely love it. I love learned about this gospel everyday and helping my investigators discover the light that it brings. I am so grateful to be a missionary and have the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father! I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

-Sister Rindlisbacher

P.S. This is the talk given by the former 70 who attends the ward I am serving in. It is really good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment