Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 18 (Week 10 in Korea)


SEOUL
Here is another picture from my last last p-day when we tried to go biking :)

This past week was AMAZING! Besides the fact that I got the stomach flu on Sunday and then passed it to Sister Blom. This past week was spent at home a lot since both of us were sick. Last p-day we went to 부평 with the 목동 sisters (Sister Carnahan and Sister Greenwood) and went shopping. Nothing better to do when you have the stomach flu haha. It was a lot of fun! 

Wednesday started off rough, but Elder Bednar made up for it! Sister Blom got the stomach flu and we almost had to stay home because she was so sick. The Elders came to our house in the morning to give her a blessing and we ended up taking a taxi to and from the conference. ELDER BEDNAR WAS AMAZING!!!! He is super sassy and so funny! Here are a few things that I really liked/learned:

1. Our language has such a huge impact on EVERYTHING. Although we may not use foul language, the way that we talk about people makes a difference. Elder Bednar talked a lot about us being 'agents' rather than 'objects'. It was talked about in the talks that we were given and we spent a good amount of time on it during the conference. Homework: read Alma 32 and ponder being an 'agent' rather than an 'object'. In our normal language we often talk about others as 'objects' rather than 'agents'. I've noticed I do it with my investigators and really don't like it. This past week I've focused a lot on it when I pray and it really does make a difference. How do you talk about people? How do you pray?

2. Going along the lines of us being 'agents' something that I really learned personally is that I need to be asking for help when I need it. I'm a perfectionist and often want to do things on my own rather than getting help, but let me tell you everything is easier with help. Instead of praying for the Lord to do the work for you pray to have help so that YOU can do the work.

3. The sacrament is an ongoing process of sanctification. 

4. Even if you have a testimony that doesn't mean that you are protected from darkness. Each day we have to choose to follow Christ and to prepare ourselves for the day.  The scriptures are such an important tool that we take for granted. I challenge you to arm yourself with light. It makes all the difference, I promise! We have to constantly choose to be converted, it's not a one time thing.

5. Words don't have meaning, they have a definition. The meaning comes from the person. Certain words will hold different meanings for different people. 

6. There is never a real sacrifice. Everything that we have and are is because of our Heavenly Father. No matter what we think we are giving up the Lord has given up more.

Wednesday were also were suppose to go on exchanges that day, but ended up cancelling because we were sick. We rescheduled for this week :) I'll be staying in 개봉 and Sister Legaspi from the Philippines will be joining me. We're both greenies so it's going to be an adventure trying to not get lost haha. I'll be sure to tell you about it next week. 

This past week we were only able to meet with two investigators, but the meetings were great! Both are progressing and we can really see a difference from the time that we met them last.

Yesterday I also had to give a talk in sacrament on patience and obedience. I will never again complain about giving a talk in English because doing it in Korean is so much harder and way scarier! Although I wasn't able to express everything that I learned this past couple weeks I know that it has made a difference in my life. The things that I was able to gain through my study of the topic has made such a difference in my everyday life. 

After church we had a ward 전도 (proselyting) activity. I was really nervous for it because we had to go on splits with members, but it was so much fun! I went with Sister 조성민, who is a recently returned missionary from the 부산 mission. She is so funny and really helped me a lot. It was raining a lot, which made talking to people hard, but we got into the groove of things. We talked to lots of people and gave out a couple Books of Mormon, pamphlets, and our information. 

I'm out of time, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! I hope the things that I said made sense because I am typing so fast and don't have time to check my grammar, which is deteriorating the more I learn Korean haha. I love you all! 

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment