Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week 19 (Week 10 In-Field)

Wow what a week it has been..SO BUSY! Everything has melded together so I'll just give you some of the highlights.

The biggest news that I have is that I am being transferred! It breaks my heart to leave 개봉, but this work is inspired and the Lord needs me in the 인천 1st ward. I think the thing that I am most excited for is living in a 4 man house with Sister Sannar! I am also excited to learn from my new companion, Sister Shumway. She unfortunately will be dying (going home) after this next transfer, so I will be killing another companion. I have heard so many good things about her and am really excited to have the opportunity to serve with her! Because transfers are not until Saturday this next coming week is going to be insanely busy again visiting Sister Blom's old areas and being in a different area for the last part of the week until transfers. 

This past week we didn't have many people come to English class, but it was a party nonetheless. I am really going to miss everyone that I have taught here in 개봉. They have brought such a light into my life. This is a picture of Anna, she was in my class and is so good at English. She studies so diligently and always comes with sentences for me to correct so that she can learn better. 

Sister Blom, Anna, and Sister Rindlisbacher
We were able to meet with all of our investigators this past week which was such a huge blessing. We also picked up a new investigator 홍수빈 자매님. She is 14 years old and goes to the Liahona School (a school run by our bishop to help students get into BYU Hawaii) and all of her friends there are members. We were able to meet with her and her friends. It was such a tender mercy to have them there so that she could hear their testimonies of this gospel. I am so sad that I won't be able to teach her more. She has a lot of interest in the gospel and how it can bless her family.

We also had our ward Halloween party! It was so much fun! We had spent most of Friday and Saturday helping to put up decorations and get everything prepared. We also finished the pinata that we were making for it. Here is a picture of the aftermath...

The Strong Pinata, didn't give up without a fight!
​We made the pinata a little too strong.... the kids went nuts trying to get the candy haha :)

I wish I could send the videos that I got off the ward members trying to break it open. We had started with the youngest kids and went all the way up to the 할머니s (grandmas). It took a lot to get it open and Sister Blom ended up just tearing it apart because it wouldn't break when we hit it. We broke a broom, a wooden stick, and some other plastic sticks that the kids had tried to break it open with. We made it a little too well haha, but it gave everyone a good laugh.The Halloween party was such a blessing because a few people in the ward we able to invite their non-member friends. They all had a blast! It was awesome to see the ward members really reaching out and trying their best to do member missionary work. I am so grateful for their efforts!

Another blessing that we saw this week was two of our investigators coming to church yesterday! They came a bit late, but it is the first time in the past 3 months of teaching them that they both came! It was such a tender mercy to have them come to our last Sunday here in 개봉. We have another meeting with them tomorrow to say goodbye before we both leave the area. I am going to miss them so much! I have grown to love everyone that I have met here, but I am excited for new adventures in a different area.

I know that this work is inspired and that the Lord has His hand in it all. I have definitely felt Him strengthening me this past week. I wouldn't have been able to do it without Him. I am so grateful for this gospel and how it has blessed my life. I know that it is true and that our Savior Jesus Christ lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of us individually and is watching over us. I love you all! Continue to seek Christ and move towards Him. He makes all the difference in our lives! Have a great week! 

-Sister Rindlisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment