Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 17 (Week 9 in Korea)

T-2 days until Elder Bednar comes!!! I can already tell it's gonna be a great week :) This past week was a bit rough. All of our investigators and members except 1 cancelled, so hopefully Bednar will make up for it!

Last p-day we had made plans with some other sisters to ride bikes along the Han river, but the bike place was closed when we got there :( It is too late in the year for them to rent bikes, which we didn't find out until we got there. We decided to just have fun and take pictures. I got Sister Carnahan to send me pictures so here they are :)

​Sister Carnahan and I imitating the tourist pictures >.<
​​
​​​​​​​​​​​​​Still the darkest one in Korea haha
Pinocchio and Sister Rindlisbacher
​It was a little Pinocchio and you could turn the lever to make his nose grow.

On our way home from the river we met a man in the subway. He approached us and told us that he had seen missionaries from our church, but only knew a little bit. He asked more about why we are here in Korea and what we believe in. He then told us that he was a pastor for another church and I was a little worried that he would try to bible bash us, but it was actually a really good conversation. We were going to the same station so we talked with him all the way there. We ended up teaching the entire Restoration on the train and gave him a Book of Mormon and Restoration pamphlet. At the end he got a little worked up saying that we believe that people have to have faith in Joseph Smith in order to be saved, but we quickly corrected him. I bore a simple testimony about how I know that this gospel is true and I know that the Book of Mormon is true! As we left we gave him our card and said that he could contact us if he has any questions. I don't know if he will ever read the Book of Mormon, but I'm grateful that I got to be a part of his first experience with it. 

On Tuesday we had a zone proselyting activity that was really fun. We got to switch up our companions and hit the streets. We talked to a lot of middle school students and old grandmas. They are the best people to talk with because they are always so nice. The students are really funny because if you call them pretty they will not stop giggling ^^

Wednesday we had a district meeting and ended up having lunch with everyone because all the greenies had our language evaluations. In our district there are 3 greenies so we had to be there early because other companionships had appointments right after our meeting. 

Thursday we had interviews with President and Sister Turner. They are my favorite people to see! I absolutely love them! Sister Turner made cookies and they reminded me so much of home. President Turner is absolutely amazing and I am so grateful to have him as a mission president. 

Time is up so I'll just leave you with a simple testimony. I know that this gospel is true! I know that the Savior died and redeemed all of us from sin. There is nothing that will change His or Heavenly Father's love for us, nothing! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet to restore this wonderful gospel. Heavenly Father is determined to to lose any of His children and has provided everything we need to return to Him. 

I love and miss you all! Have a great week :)

-Sister Rindlisbacher

P.S. You should check out the cover of the October 2016 Liahona. Apparently the girl looks a lot like me haha. I've gotten a lot of comments from the ward members the past few weeks >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment